Thursday, February 10, 2011

Guilt and Sickness

Which comes first?
I am so sick today. Fever, chills, cough (which is so nasty I am almost puking)body aches and pains. This is crazy. I am missing work today. Yesterday my boss was so kind and sent me home an hour early so I could get some rest and although it helped I awoke this morning feeling like crap. I tried everything I threw all kinds of meds at it. Day quill, some electrolytes, vitamins. But just getting the boy ready for school today I broke out in a fantastic sweat and then was shaking with the chills when I went to drop him off.

I feel guilty because I was just sick three weeks ago when the flue ripped through our house, I was off for 2 days for the kids and a day for myself.

I am trying to eat well and take vitamins everyday to help. I have been forgoing the laundry (except the very basics) to get a few hours extra sleep at night and I still keep catching whatever the kids are bringing home from school.

I know I shouldn't feel bad but I do.

I know this is just a bad winter and everything will be better soon. But seriously, I cook good meals with lots of veggies, we all eat lots of fruit and I make the kids fantastic healthy lunches. Why can't we fight this stuff off.

This has just been such a bad year of getting sick for us. Its driving me crazy.

Anyone else missing lots of work due to family and then self illness??

No comments: